Creating a rotating dial of thumbnails that link to other pages within site

Site URL: https://wasteland.site/

Hi all,

I am new to Squarespace but have experience with Javascript and am looking for some advice. As the site I am working on features photo submissions from different locations, I want to allow visitors to use a dial to see more submissions from that same location. The dial will be composed of thumbnails of photos from those different locations with an arrow pointing at the center top to show which one is selected. The selected thumbnail will set a label in the center of the dial displaying the location. When the user clicks on the selected thumbnail, it will link them to another page in the site hosting all the photos from that location. 

Would you guys know if this is possible to implement and if so, any good starting points? You may assume that I have local access to all the photos and their locations and that the other pages featuring the photos from each location are already built and referenceable within the site.

Thank you very much!

Josh

169328504_162356892424907_4249849592765230088_n.jpg

170087758_3738796709550700_1436055650835770975_n.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Views 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting interface idea. Kind of like a View-Master reel or Kodak's disc film. Now there is a way to date myself!  🙂

See the following for ideas. None are rotating but getting the radial is a good first step.

Making an animated radial menu with CSS3 and JavaScript

Versatile Radial Menu In Pure CSS – radialMenu.css

CSS radial menu

Keep us posted on how things go!

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived