Jump to content

Scale down Index Gallery Images on Mobile

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.kelseynaef.com/k-plus-t-forever

I'd like to have the whole index gallery featured at the top of the page to scale down on mobile to decrease the chances of the illustrated text "KELSEY & TRAVIS" being cut off on mobile devices. I have an older iphone so it looks fine on my phone, but on most newer phones, it's getting cut off. 

Ideally, the height of the gallery is decreased, and the image scales proportionally within it and stays centered, but I'm having trouble making this happen.

Any help would be great, thanks. 

Lauren 

Link to comment
  • Replies 3
  • Views 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2021 at 6:36 PM, lulu.lindberg said:

Site URL: https://www.kelseynaef.com/k-plus-t-forever

I'd like to have the whole index gallery featured at the top of the page to scale down on mobile to decrease the chances of the illustrated text "KELSEY & TRAVIS" being cut off on mobile devices. I have an older iphone so it looks fine on my phone, but on most newer phones, it's getting cut off. 

Ideally, the height of the gallery is decreased, and the image scales proportionally within it and stays centered, but I'm having trouble making this happen.

Any help would be great, thanks. 

Lauren 

try if this help

@media only screen and (max-width: 640px) {
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper {
        height: 30vh !important;
      }
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item {
        height:100% !important;
      }
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item-image {
        background-color: #fff;
      }
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item-image img {
        left: auto !important;
        width: auto !important;
        height: 100% !important;
      }
}

image.png.26fb588fabce0fbb2938aef8ee454930.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, bangank36 said:

try if this help




@media only screen and (max-width: 640px) {
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper {
        height: 30vh !important;
      }
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item {
        height:100% !important;
      }
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item-image {
        background-color: #fff;
      }
      #kplust .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item-image img {
        left: auto !important;
        width: auto !important;
        height: 100% !important;
      }
}

image.png.26fb588fabce0fbb2938aef8ee454930.png

Thanks for your help - This scales down the image and works, but it's not really what I was looking to achieve. It also seems to misalign the image, so it's no longer centred.

I don't want it scaled down to view the whole image, because then the illustrated text is quite small on mobile. I just want it scaled so that the words in the middle don't get cropped off - I figure there has to be some way to decrease the max height of the gallery page and have the image scale proportionally and stay centered? @bangank36

Link to comment
8 hours ago, lulu.lindberg said:

Thanks for your help - This scales down the image and works, but it's not really what I was looking to achieve. It also seems to misalign the image, so it's no longer centred.

I don't want it scaled down to view the whole image, because then the illustrated text is quite small on mobile. I just want it scaled so that the words in the middle don't get cropped off - I figure there has to be some way to decrease the max height of the gallery page and have the image scale proportionally and stay centered? @bangank36

Hope some other contributor can help you out

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.