Aligning Blog Post Excerpts?

Hello there!

I'm incredibly new to all of this, so I apologize that I don't yet have a link to share. Well, I do, but it doesn't have any posts yet! Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how to align my expert text on a blog post to the left instead of the center, but I can't seem to figure it out. I found this answer to my question on the forums:

.entry-excerpt.p-summary * {
    text-align: left;
}

But when I paste it into the Custom CSS window, nothing seems to change. Any chance someone could help me with this?

Thank you!

I am a bit uncertain of what you are asking. If you are using a blog summary block, text alignment follows the way the excerpt is aligned and that is done in the blog post excerpt block itself. The code you posted would be for the summary block item not for the actual blog post excerpt.

To change justificaion for one post excerpt in 7.1 go to the blog page, click the three little dots next to the post thumbnail, click settings, then options, then the  text icon (next to P2) then choose left, center, or right.  

Yes it does, Those images are from a blog summary block. The blog page itself is most likely in the unlinked section of the site. and those look like blog summary items and the text gets aligned in the blog excerpt under the options panel in the blog post settings. I do the same thing on my site, see it here:https://myrandomviews.com/blogsummary  Scroll down a bit and you will see the posts. And here as well: https://myrandomviews.com/blog/lessons

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Thank you for explaining!

I think that I followed your instructions correctly, but I'm still running into some issues. If you go to https://www.inthisessay.net/, you'll see that I have my first post up! I'm hoping to get the "I hope you’ll join me as I explore what makes stories what they are…and I hope you’ll be patient with me as I get incredibly excited about details that appear entirely insignificant!" aligned to the left, but even after choosing that option in the settings you described in your first response, it still doesn't seem to be working? 

Thank you once again for your patience and I learn to use all these tools!

A 7.1 template blog listing page looks a lot like a summary block. What you need to do is open the blog post settings. Go to your blog page in "pages"  there are the tree dots click on that choose settings then options, there you add your thumbnail that shows up on your first post, the excerpt text block is there too, and change left justify the text there that is in that post. 

Ah, thank you. It seems that I had already completed that? What I'm hoping for is to have formatting that looks a bit like this (with the start of each line beginning where the drawn red line is):

1930204141_Screenshot2021-04-10150824.thumb.png.ec4730972071f43f44472ec3d887d448.png

I apologize if this or my previous messages weren't clear! Once again, I'm very new to all of this, so I really appreciate your patience in walking me through this. 

On 4/11/2021 at 5:10 AM, inthisessay said:

Ah, thank you. It seems that I had already completed that? What I'm hoping for is to have formatting that looks a bit like this (with the start of each line beginning where the drawn red line is):

1930204141_Screenshot2021-04-10150824.thumb.png.ec4730972071f43f44472ec3d887d448.png

I apologize if this or my previous messages weren't clear! Once again, I'm very new to all of this, so I really appreciate your patience in walking me through this. 

Hi. Do you still need help on this?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 years later...

I am having the same issue as the original question.  I've gone to the blog summary block settings where the exerpt is located and it is already set to be left justified.  I clicked on it again, just to make sure and saved and it's still center justified when I go back to look at the post.... even after refreshing. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-30 at 8.01.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-30 at 8.01.17 AM.png

Thank you for getting back to me.  I don't think that would help as I've change the layout and it fixed itself.  Makes me wonder if it's just in that particular layout I was using.  Broken in Squarespace?  I was using the single column layout - you can kinda see it in the screenshot.  

On 10/2/2023 at 5:25 PM, Annie49 said:

Thank you for getting back to me.  I don't think that would help as I've change the layout and it fixed itself.  Makes me wonder if it's just in that particular layout I was using.  Broken in Squarespace?  I was using the single column layout - you can kinda see it in the screenshot.  

You can share link to blog page, then we can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)