Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Facebook Domain Verification

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi - has anyone successfully verified their domain on Facebook? As part of the iOS 14 release, FB is requiring that we verify our domain and offers options to do this via meta-tag injection, HTML file upload, and DNS verification. I tried the meta-tag injection using the code injection feature on Squarespace, but it still wasn't recognizing the code on the site (although I do see the code when I look at the page source). 

Both FB and Squarespace have been unhelpful so any guidance would be VERY welcome. 

Thanks! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just did the Facebook domain verification, here are the steps:  In FB Business Manager, add you domain in Business Settings>Brand Safety>Domains. I chose the DNS method, click to copy

Hi. Can you share link to your site? Which code did you insert? Where did you insert code? Which plan do you use? Personal or Business or higher?

On 4/8/2021 at 6:41 PM, mdpn said:

FB is requiring that we verify our domain and offers options to do this via meta-tag injection, HTML file upload, and DNS verification.

I recommend that you use the DNS verification method as this is easier for Squarespace site owners.

All you need to do is to add a TXT entry to your DNS records to confirm that you own the domain. The precise steps to add a DNS TXT entry will depend on the company who host your domain name.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

Just did the Facebook domain verification, here are the steps: 

In FB Business Manager, add you domain in Business Settings>Brand Safety>Domains.

I chose the DNS method, click to copy the necessary information to the clipboard.

In Squarespace: Settings>Domains>Choose correct domain (if hosting more than one)

Advanced settings> Custom Records 'Add' >Paste needful>change Record to TXT and Save

Back in FB Business Manager - I waited only a few minutes, clicked Verify and it's done.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 3:27 PM, MeganMcCrory said:

In FB Business Manager, add you domain in Business Settings>Brand Safety>Domains.

I chose the DNS method, click to copy the necessary information to the clipboard.

In Squarespace: Settings>Domains>Choose correct domain (if hosting more than one)

Advanced settings> Custom Records 'Add' >Paste needful>change Record to TXT and Save

Back in FB Business Manager - I waited only a few minutes, clicked Verify and it's done.

THANK YOU!

That worked for me. I thought for a while I might have to upgrade my package to confirm my domain to Facebook. Phew!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 7:27 AM, MeganMcCrory said:

THANK YOU Megan McCrory!!! Facebook was absolutely useless as I wasted 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back, as were the generic "use the DNS verification!" prompt. You clearly outlining the steps enabled me to make it work. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!