How to have page design vary each visit?

Site URL: https://ruaridhlitster-campbell.com

Hi, wondering if it's possible to have different versions of certain pages that change each time you visit. 

For example, I would like to have 3 or 4 variations of my "ABOUT" page (mainly just layout and general design) so each time someone viewed the website it would show a different version of that page. Or even if out of the 4 possible ABOUT pages, one gets randomly selected. Not sure if this is possible within the confines of Squarespace but if it is I'd be very interested.

Hope I've explained ok , struggling to put it into words ahaha

Cheers!

• Replies 2
  • Views 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ruaridhlc said:

Site URL: https://ruaridhlitster-campbell.com

Hi, wondering if it's possible to have different versions of certain pages that change each time you visit. 

For example, I would like to have 3 or 4 variations of my "ABOUT" page (mainly just layout and general design) so each time someone viewed the website it would show a different version of that page. Or even if out of the 4 possible ABOUT pages, one gets randomly selected. Not sure if this is possible within the confines of Squarespace but if it is I'd be very interested.

Hope I've explained ok , struggling to put it into words ahaha

Cheers!

It would be tricky, may need to use to custom code to redirect user to the other ABOUT page variant each time visit using location.href="your-new-about"

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

I'd be concerned about the time to reload the new page.

I wonder if it would be possible to have all the different designs on one page and then hide all the sections. Then with code make visible the sections for whatever random number is selected?

I suppose the landing page for this "dynamic" page could essentially be blank with just the code to redirect to one of the variant pages. I think there would be some visual issues with this approach.

Anyway you slice this there are issues to consider.

Just some thoughts.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived