searching for specific templates

Go to solution Solved by Susana_SQSP,

I want to search for specific templates that are more for video production type sites. I cannot find a search template area that allows me to search and try out specific templates. I see the categories but that is too broad and time consuming.  trying to find a 10 specific named templates and try them out. How do I do this?

• Solution

Hey @kjdawson1,

While there isn't a search field in the 7.1 template store where you can type the template name to find it, there are two options you might want to consider:

A. Select "All Templates" under the "Browse By" menu at the top left of the page. Then you can use cmd+f (Mac) or ctrl+f (Windows) to type the name of the template and quickly find it.

B. Directly visit the template's demo site at https://templatename-demo.squarespace.com/. In this case, you'd be replacing the name of the template in the URL. 

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Impossible to find a specific template out of 168 options. I'm looking for a template with specific features - why is there no way to search by template name or feature. Scrolling through the giant images of each template will take much too long. Losing faith!

4 hours ago, meranderson said:

Impossible to find a specific template out of 168 options.

v7.1 templates, feature wise, are all the same. Every v7.1 uses the same template. It's just that the color themes and how the site has been set up are different. In other words any v7.1 can be made to look and work like any other v7.1 with enough tinkering.

v7.0 sites on the other hand actually had different templates and features. The underlying structure of each template is different and each may have different features available to them.

I can't speak to how SS does not help you find what you want.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.