Jump to content

Video Requirements

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

i have a intro video that i want displaying full bleed, with audio, autoplay and play on mobile. 

I have been speaking to support and they say 'This isnt possible on squarespace, you need custom code' i have no idea how to do this. 

currently i have added my video as a background video on my home page. This auto plays but no audio and it doesn't play on mobile. I have iphone 10 and fast internet. 

Please can someone help me, 99% of the website traffic will be mobile so i want the video to play. 

Thanks Adam

Link to comment
  • Replies 6
  • Views 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, fintantio said:

Hi All, 

i have a intro video that i want displaying full bleed, with audio, autoplay and play on mobile. 

I have been speaking to support and they say 'This isnt possible on squarespace, you need custom code' i have no idea how to do this. 

currently i have added my video as a background video on my home page. This auto plays but no audio and it doesn't play on mobile. I have iphone 10 and fast internet. 

Please can someone help me, 99% of the website traffic will be mobile so i want the video to play. 

Thanks Adam

On Mobile, video must be muted to make it autoplay, it is designed to make sure annoying ad can not play sound when page load, apply on both ios and android

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, bangank36 said:

On Mobile, video must be muted to make it autoplay, it is designed to make sure annoying ad can not play sound when page load, apply on both ios and android

ok thats fine, please can you help me. 

I need a video to be full bleed, autoplay and run on mobile. It would be great if it could play sound on pc and not mobile. Any help welcome. 

https://mouse-beagle-csbn.squarespace.com/config/
pass: gritsports

Ive tried to do this 2 ways (see my site above) Currently i have a background video playing at the top but this doesnt play on mobile. Then secondly a video block, but i would need this full screen.

Link to comment
On 4/8/2021 at 2:34 PM, fintantio said:

ok thats fine, please can you help me. 

I need a video to be full bleed, autoplay and run on mobile. It would be great if it could play sound on pc and not mobile. Any help welcome. 

https://mouse-beagle-csbn.squarespace.com/config/
pass: gritsports

Ive tried to do this 2 ways (see my site above) Currently i have a background video playing at the top but this doesnt play on mobile. Then secondly a video block, but i would need this full screen.

Hi. can you share link to exact page? /config is admin url

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 4/14/2021 at 2:49 AM, astray said:

background video does not work for me either on iPhone mobile. It only works on a desktop or Android which is extremely frustrating. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Tested my website on android this morning. No background video playing their either

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.