Translation services site - Would greatly appreciate feedback on overall aesthetics and anything else!

Site URL: https://gregorylassale.com/

Hello,

My website has been up for a few years but I recently decided to make a few tweaks. I would love as much feedback as you're willing to give on overall aesthetics, use of white space, element sizes, flow, ease of use, hierarchy and pretty much anything you're willing to comment on. There are two visual bugs I know of but have no fix for.

1. For a split second after loading, the text on the homepage is first displayed toward the top of the screen before jumping to the center. I contacted Squarespace about this a while back but they offered no fix for it.

2. I recently installed Squarestudio's Fading Banner plugin. It works overall but randomly affects the transparency of the banners' images earlier than it should and sometimes makes them invisible until the reach the very top of the screen on scroll down. I have contacted Squarestudio about this. 

I am not a dev and built the whole thing myself using plugins, snippets gleaned here and there and a lot of trial and error.

Thanks a lot!

Great job with your site! It is looking quite professional and most of the basics are done right I would say. 

One feedback for improvement is that it takes quite some time to scroll through the website. This can be solved in a couple of ways, for example by making the elements and font a bit smaller. Or remove the full-width images and make every other text-block grey.

Good luck!

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Translation services site - Would greatly appreciate feedback on overall aesthetics and anything else!
6 hours ago, RasmusM said:

Great job with your site! It is looking quite professional and most of the basics are done right I would say. 

One feedback for improvement is that it takes quite some time to scroll through the website. This can be solved in a couple of ways, for example by making the elements and font a bit smaller. Or remove the full-width images and make every other text-block grey.

Good luck!

Thanks, @RasmusM! The feedback is much appreciated

Can I ask what size screen you used to view the site? I designed it on a 27-inch iMac thinking Squarespace's built-in responsive design would scale all content for smaller screens, but that's not the case except for the cover page (I asked about this in the Site Design and Styles subforum but no reply so far). As a result, pages need to be scrolled down to be viewed entirely on smaller screens. Some elements should probably be a bit smaller regardless, but shouldn't Squarespace scale everything to fit the size of the screen the site is viewed on?

Thank you

I use a 24-inch.

Squarespace scaling is good, but it does not scale down 1:1, so the website will not look the same way on a 13-inch and a 27-inch. Therefore I always recommend to make a website look a little bit too small on 27-inch and little bit too big on a 13-inch. Another tip is to find a few websites that you like and compare your site to theirs - and try to match your website size to theirs.

1 hour ago, wade928 said:

yes I watched the site and it looks amazing and the content is also Ok I am also working on a similar type of website and need some help from the guys like you who has some experience in this field.

Sure, just make a new topic in the forums 🙂