Is there any way to show the checkout page in different languages?

Is there any way to show the checkout page in different languages? I know it's possible to translate it from the Settings menu, but then I have to choose one single language. I've checked Weglot but it looks like they've found a solution to translate all the pages but the checkout page. Is there any code that I could inject to do so?

Any help will be truly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Andreu said:

Is there any way to show the checkout page in different languages? I've checked Weglot but it looks like they've found a solution to translate all the pages but the checkout page.

The Squarespace checkout can be shown in only one of the supported languages per site.

There isn't a way to translate the Squarespace checkout within the Squarespace platform, even with code. However, Weglot should be able to translate the checkout page if you modify your DNS records so that the traffic is passing through their servers. For example, the screenshot below is from a UK English site, using Weglot to translate it to French.

Their guide explains how to do this.

weglot-translated-uk-site-squarespace-checkout.thumb.png.56a5343ecf3d24253c9909ab94aed226.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Awesome! Thank you @paul2009! Are there any cons of messing with the DNS records tho? I've checked their demo site and founded out that if you add a product to the cart using the English version and then switch to the French version, the cart is empty. This is because they use subdomains to solve this translation issue. This doesn't look like a big problem to me but it made me wonder if there are some other cons of using this method to translate the checkout page. Have you tested it?

Thanks again, Paul!

42 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I've checked their demo site and founded out that if you add a product to the cart using the English version and then switch to the French version, the cart is empty. This is because they use subdomains to solve this translation issue.

I'd expect visitors to choose their preferred language before adding items to the cart, so this shouldn't be an issue if the language options are obvious to visitors when they first arrive on the site.

If a visitor adds multiple items to the cart in the other language, they can always return to that language to complete checkout. Squarespace stores the cart contents indefinitely.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...
On 4/6/2021 at 10:43 AM, paul2009 said:

The Squarespace checkout can be shown in only one of the supported languages per site.

There isn't a way to translate the Squarespace checkout within the Squarespace platform, even with code. However, Weglot should be able to translate the checkout page if you modify your DNS records so that the traffic is passing through their servers. For example, the screenshot below is from a UK English site, using Weglot to translate it to French.

Their guide explains how to do this.

weglot-translated-uk-site-squarespace-checkout.thumb.png.56a5343ecf3d24253c9909ab94aed226.png

Hi @paul2009! Trying to translate the checkout page with Weglot, but the url you gave to go to the guide is incorrect... It brought me to the Weglot homepage

Any update on that?

15 minutes ago, abbiericher said:

Trying to translate the checkout page with Weglot, but the url you gave to go to the guide is incorrect

The link was posted two and a half years ago and has changed since then 🤣

If you're building on 7.1, the domain is managed by Squarespace, and you're using the Weglot Extension (as opposed to the older code integration) it is now a lot simpler. I suggest taking a look at the guide Creating a multilingual site with Weglot

On 12/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, paul2009 said:

The link was posted two and a half years ago and has changed since then 🤣

If you're building on 7.1, the domain is managed by Squarespace, and you're using the Weglot Extension (as opposed to the older code integration) it is now a lot simpler. I suggest taking a look at the guide Creating a multilingual site with Weglot

Thank you, that is why I asked you for an update link.

I added the subdomain for Weglot. But the checkout page is not translating when we place an order. Do you happen to know the next steps to have a multilanguage checkout page?

pass: freelance