Marquee: Hiding header and footer?

• Replies 20
  • Views 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, go to the page you want to hide the header and footer on, and go to Manage Site (gear icon) > Page Settings > Advanced and paste this into the Page Header Code Injection (be sure to include style tags):

<style>
 #header, #footer { display: none }
</style>

That should do the trick.

And to remove the header and footer across the site, add this to the Custom CSS Editor:

#header, #footer { display: none }

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're still wanting a solution, post the url to your site so people can see the code.

I'm a retired attorney who was asked by a friend to build a website. In a prior lifetime, in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago, I was a computer systems analyst / programmer. I'm a novice autodidact in CSS, JavaScript and HTML learning in part by example.. I've asked questions on this forum and been lucky enough to have others help me, so I'm inclined to answer any question I can. Pay it forward.

• 3 months later...

I think this will do the trick. If you want to hide it on particular pages only, add this CSS (with style tags) to the Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection area. Please note, if you already have style tags for other CSS for that page, don't add an additional set, simply add the CSS within existing style tags.

<style>
 .title-desc-wrapper.has-main-image { display: none; }
</style>

If you'd rather apply it to every page on your site, add this to the 'Design' > 'Custom CSS' section (no style tags necessary).

.title-desc-wrapper.has-main-image { display: none; }

Instead of applying the code into the Page Header Code Injection area, what code can be used to hide the Header and Footer on all Pages on a site minus a specific Page? This would save time compared to having to inject code into each individual Page on a site.

Ideally, this code would be placed in Custom CSS or Settings-->Advanced-->Code Injection. Is this possible?

• 8 months later...

Code worked, but I need a way to toggle my footer on and off. Basically, I don't like it visible, but need it to where a visitor can click a text link or a button to open it to show content and hide it again to save space. Anyone know how?

• 1 month later...

Hi there, i had a similar requirement in not wanting to have Pre-Footer information on specific pages. Using the coding supplied, i also searched for the correct naming of the Pre-Footer within my CSS style sheet settings. I inserted the following code in the Advanced tab per other descriptions, and it worked just fine! Happy days from this dumb non-coder :)

<style>
  #preFooter { display: none }
</style>

• 10 months later...

Archived