Would really appreciate feedback on my counselling site.

Site URL: https://www.steveneveleigh.com/

Hello, I’m a UK based Counsellor and would appreciate any feedback you can provide on my website.

My aim is to come across friendly and approachable and offer someone a space where they can talk about their difficulties.

I hope I’ve provided a welcoming home page, along with information about what people can expect from counselling.  I’ve followed this with more information about me, my experience and qualifications. I’m hoping that people can relate to me?  And will want to choose me as their counsellor. 
Do you feel that the site is welcoming? 
I created a logo using Squarespace logo - does this look right on the site ? 

• Stevene changed the title to Would really appreciate feedback on my counselling site.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job making your website, I think it looks professional and the structure is good😃

Regarding how welcoming it feels, I think there are some improvements to make. My first impression were more hard/professional than warm/welcoming. 

Here is what you can do:

1. Change the font to something softer. No sharp edges on the font, maybe a more "written" type of font?
  2. Change the hero (start) image on the homepage. Yes it has nice hearts, but my first impression of it was kind of hard. Use a photo with some warmer colors like brown or beige. 
  3. Change your main colors from grey to brown and beige. Or some else warm colors that you like.

I hope this is helpful, good luck with your counselling!

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

Archived