Member areas ecommerce transactions not showing in Google analytics ​😡​

Another couple of reasons to hate Squarespace! It's a daily thing now 🙄

1. So Member Areas does not report transactions in Google analytics - this is a bug "that a couple of people have reported". Just a couple?! Doesn't anyone run a business that uses Squarespace member areas?!

2. SS lock Mailchimp out of a detailed integration with the ecommerce side. So I can't view which of my squarespace email campaigns brought me business.

This means that now I am basically completely blind to what is bringing website business. I've got some s*** manual workarounds that only half work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can push squarespace ecommerce data over to Mailchimp? I am looking at the automate.io bots but I think I am pushing my luck with this use case.

Yours despairingly 

Neil

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @finidush, I don't have a member area but I was able to figure out how to track ecommerce in the regular Squarespace ecommerce functionality. Maybe taking a look at my code will help you repurpose it for the member areas?

With my custom code I'm now able to measure how many people view my products, select a item, add to cart, remove from cart, begin checkout, and make a purchase in GA4:

Analytics_Purchasejourney-ga4.thumb.png.a95632a908c6e3908040609fecb75487.png

ecommerce-purchase-journey-ga4-exploration-report.thumb.png.78d3d8d061ff61ce02cf64c5f0122b4a.png

To make it easier for other Squarespace users, I created a GitHub repo for folks to simply copy and paste the code into their own Google Tag Manager containers: https://www.tayloreddata.com/blog/how-to-track-ga4-ecommerce-events-on-your-squarespace-website. Feel free to use this code on your own website, but since this is custom code, please test and ensure it works for your website 🙂

If you aren't able to repurpose it for the member areas, let me know if you'd like to set up a consulting call for us to figure it out together! 

-Taylor

Edited by TayloredData

Data Nerd 🧑🏾‍💻|  I help businesses transform data into actionable insights & sales | Chat with me about your website + marketing analytics challenges: TayloredData.com

Prefer video tutorials? Check out my latest marketing and web analytics how to videos