HELP! Publish duplicate site to 'live' site?? (domain)

Completely redesigning my site, but need my live site to stay live during the process...

So, I can see that I can dupe my site (I have less than 10 pages) - which means I can essentially redesign the 'copy' in the background in a 'trial' site... my question is, can I then 'publish' this to my live domain?  will it automatically overwrite my existing live site, with my newly redesigned 'copied' site? 

Seems like where it says publish, I could just put my live domain in and it would prompt me to overwrite, but since I can't find any info, I'm a little anxious - just incase it totally screws up my live site...

I can't find any info on it anywhere.

H.E.L.P

• Replies 1
  • Views 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please see Moving a domain to another Squarespace site.

Domains are mapped to sites. In other words a domain points to the backend (what-ever-your-backend-name-is.squarespace.com) SS site. Of course the software hides this fact from the site visitor.

So the sites don't move or change or overwrite each other.

Does that help?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived