Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

What advice would you give to someone starting to think about backlinks?

Backlinks are links from one website to another. For example, if a cooking blog references and links to your website in their blog post, that’s a backlink. Growing your backlinks over time can have a significant impact on your website’s SEO ranking, as they reinforce the quality of the content on your site. The question then becomes, how can you generate backlinks to your website? 

Best practices include writing guest posts on other publication sites or developing shareable content that your audience posts to their social media. With a variety of places to start from, what advice would you give to someone embarking on their backlinking journey? What strategies have you found most successful? Share in the comments below!

• Jo_SQSP featured and pinned this topic
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am a member of quite a few online forums, and Facebook groups. I post links to my site in those groups and those links take various forms. Click Thru images, blog segments, and links in signatures a

My best tip: Make great content.

I think this comes down to creating content that provides value and depending on your audience, helps them solve a problem or answer a question. When I create content for my website, I try to be

• 2 weeks later...

I think this comes down to creating content that provides value and depending on your audience, helps them solve a problem or answer a question.

When I create content for my website, I try to be mindful of keywords and what I may want to rank for, but ultimately I don't want to create something just for the sake of SEO. So, I write something with the idea that I want it to be helpful (free guides etc) and if it gets backlinks, that's an added bonus. 

Edited by Tiny_Coast

🌊 Tiny Coast Digital |  Digital Marketing & Web Design 🌊