The Skye template is adding the date in front of the title in desktop search results. Is there anything I can do to change this or do I need to switch templates?

Site URL: https://www.travelingmitch.com

Hey all, 

I'm hoping that someone can help me out a bit here. For the last few months, I've been trying to fix an issue on my site, and I've had no luck. 

I'll attach a photo, but essentially, I started to notice that in Google search results on desktop, the date was appearing before the title. So, essentially, Google was scraping the date as part of the title. 

I talked to a developer, and they said that it was due to the Skye template. They suggested that I switched templates, but that sounded like a big undertaking. Before I try to do that, I'd love to know if there's anything I can do to try to fix this. Is there any code I can manually input to override this? I'd also like to display the year if possible, but I saw that others were having issues with that, and didn't have the easiest time solving the problem. 

If the issue can't be solved, is switching templates relatively seamless, or is it easy enough? Will it affect me from an SEO perspective? I'd prefer to just solve this problem and stick with Skye, but I also know that I don't want the date appearing before search results. I wouldn't personally click on a title like that, so I can't see why someone would click on my title. It makes my site look broken, in essence. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.50.52 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @chmitchy  did you manage to get a handle on this issue? I am using Tudor which is part of the Skye family -and have noticed this also but not all articles - Google Says you can tell them which date you prefer but there is no guarantee.  See this article  I would like the date modified to display under the title  does anyone know if this is possible?  thanks Steve