Tips / help needed for community website

Hello

I want to build  a site for a local community project (protecting land from development).  I have used Squarespace before, so feel comfortable with the construction / graphics side of things.  However this was a small personal use website so was a bit different from what i want to achieve now. 

The main concern is building up a mailing list, to keep people informed about updates. Do any / all plans come with a dedicated email and contact option? So if someone wants to add their name to the mailing list they could contact direct through the website.  Do any / all plans come with a more developed contact form, for example one that could ask questions (rather than just sending in your email only to get on  the  mailing list).   Do any / all plans have a dedicated email  eg  contact@mysite.com?  Do any / all plans allow you to send out emails to all the people on the mailing list in one go?

Is it easy enough to embed video from Youtube, etc?

I imagine SEO is not that important, as the people interested in this community project will be specifically looking for it, taking the webiste address off social media.  It is not like we are trying to market anything to the general public.

It will need a blog, i would imagine that that is quite straightforward?

Any other tips would be very usefull.

Thanks.

• Replies 0
  • Views 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived