Dual language weglot toggle

Site URL: https://gvs.squarespace.com/

Hi, I'm in the process of working on a bilingual website and would like to find a way to have the button in the navigation bar act as a language toggle between English and Welsh. I'm using Weglot and it's simple enough to get it to switch from English to welsh using the #weglot-cy tag, the language translates automatically too. The issue I have is in changing the hyperlink based on what the language is currently set to.

Alternatively, is there a way of replacing the button with Weglot's own widget? I can place it in the menu, but it looks untidy. I'd want it positioned to replace the button if possible.

Hugely grateful for any help anyone can provide. Password to the site is Welc0me1

Kris

• 2 months later...

Hi Kris!

I see you have successfully created the toggle between two languages on your website using Weglot. Bravo!

Is it possible for you to share the solution? I am seeking to do the same with my website.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Céline

20 hours ago, celine said:

Hi Kris!

I see you have successfully created the toggle between two languages on your website using Weglot. Bravo!

Is it possible for you to share the solution? I am seeking to do the same with my website.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Céline

I don't see toggle button on above site. Can you take a screenshot? We can take a look

On 3/30/2021 at 5:15 PM, kris90210 said:

Site URL: https://gvs.squarespace.com/

Hi, I'm in the process of working on a bilingual website and would like to find a way to have the button in the navigation bar act as a language toggle between English and Welsh. I'm using Weglot and it's simple enough to get it to switch from English to welsh using the #weglot-cy tag, the language translates automatically too. The issue I have is in changing the hyperlink based on what the language is currently set to.

Alternatively, is there a way of replacing the button with Weglot's own widget? I can place it in the menu, but it looks untidy. I'd want it positioned to replace the button if possible.

Hugely grateful for any help anyone can provide. Password to the site is Welc0me1

Kris

Also, I see the header overlap mega menu

image.thumb.png.136e5214e430e750c2de910a731f0ef0.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 weeks later...