Jump to content

How do I reveal a text block on the hover of an image block?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, katherineneedles said:

Site URL: https://pufferfish-salamander-xzmm.squarespace.com/

Hi, 

I am trying to get the black arrow blocks and caption text blocks on my site to reveal when hovering over the relevant image. 

Can anyone help me with the code required?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 16.51.14.png

Please enable site wide password so we can have a look

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
On 3/29/2021 at 10:52 PM, katherineneedles said:

Site URL: https://pufferfish-salamander-xzmm.squarespace.com/

Hi, 

I am trying to get the black arrow blocks and caption text blocks on my site to reveal when hovering over the relevant image. 

Can anyone help me with the code required?

Thank you!

Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
7 hours ago, P-Lato said:

Hello, I would love help with this as well! I need the text blocks below the icons to appear when you hover over them on my home page.

website: patrickpilato.ca

password 123

 

1663407194_ScreenShot2021-04-11at3_06_36PM.thumb.png.eb6c44f332343e4fea313e8316707fc8.png

try


section[data-section-id="6073556780622017383ad596"] .image-caption-wrapper {

  opacity: 0;
  position: absolute;

}
section[data-section-id="6073556780622017383ad596"] .sqs-block-image:hover  .image-caption-wrapper {

  opacity: 1;

}

 

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

try



section[data-section-id="6073556780622017383ad596"] .image-caption-wrapper {

  opacity: 0;
  position: absolute;

}
section[data-section-id="6073556780622017383ad596"] .sqs-block-image:hover  .image-caption-wrapper {

  opacity: 1;

}

 

I have been looking all day for the right code and that one worked great thank you so much!

one issue though... since I also have a code in place that makes the image block grow on hover, it also makes the caption grow, and gets cut off. Im assuming I need to make the caption wrapper bigger? I can't seem to figure it out and would appreciate your help.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, P-Lato said:

I have been looking all day for the right code and that one worked great thank you so much!

one issue though... since I also have a code in place that makes the image block grow on hover, it also makes the caption grow, and gets cut off. Im assuming I need to make the caption wrapper bigger? I can't seem to figure it out and would appreciate your help.

And centering the captions that appear is an issue

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.