Single-Column Blog Preview Changing Some Formatting

Site URL: http://www.electricalaudio.com/recorders

I made a page on our site that I wanted a few image gallery blocks on, so I created it as a Blog page. We're running 7.1, so this is one of only a few ways to have a gallery block on a page. I'd like to have this be on the main navigation, but since it is a blog, the blog page gets a slug and the post gets a slug that's inside the blog's (eg the blog slug is /recorders, and the blog post is /recorders/recorders).

I figured out how to have a navigation item that links to the blog post, but ideally I'd have the blog in the nav, and have the preview look exactly like the post, so that the navigation is as simple as possible (ie. I can point someone to electricalaudio.com/recorders, rather than electricalaudio.com/recorders/recorders).

The problem with putting the blog itself in the navigation is that when I put the preview to "full post" and "single column" layout, it changes the formatting. The line breaks don't actually separate lines, there is no padding on sides, etc. I thought if I re-wrote this in html, creating markdown blocks with <p> and </p> or <br> tags it would solve this, but it didn't.

The blog page is electricalaudio.com/recorders

The blog post I'd like to link to, or have the blog preview mimic is at electricalaudio.com/recorders/recorders

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tmoneygetpaid
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, BaskComm said:

Hello, I'm having a similar issue about not having the paragraph spacing appearing on the single column blog layout. I've tried to add the CSS code you mention above but it does not make any difference. 

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 4.47.18 PM.png

Can you share link to blog on your site?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2022 at 12:15 PM, chrisrneuman said:

Why is this not answered yet? The single column blog layout, when showing full posts and not excerpts, still have no line breaks between paragraphs. I'm finding no solution anywhere. It blows my mind this problem still exists. Please solve this!

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 3.13.26 PM.png

I have the same problem. When you have a single column, full post on blog page on 7.1, it shows no line breaks. I sent a support ticket to Squarespace and they told me they will probably fix it in next release, meanwhile my only option is code. But I don't know what code to insert. 

I would really appreciate your help.

My blog is: https://manuelmolinayepiz.squarespace.com

image.thumb.png.72da5bfcec24a56fedefd0a8a96b74ea.png

Edited by ManuelMolina
49 minutes ago, ManuelMolina said:

I have the same problem. When you have a single column, full post on blog page on 7.1, it shows no line breaks or text formatting (bold, etc). I sent a support ticket to Squarespace and they told me they will probably fix it in next release, meanwhile my only option is code. But I don't know what code to insert. 

I would really appreciate your help.

My blog is: https://manuelmolinayepiz.squarespace.com

image.thumb.png.72da5bfcec24a56fedefd0a8a96b74ea.png

here is the fix for line breaks:

.blog-single-column .blog-excerpt p {
  margin: 1rem 0;
}