Change hover to click on Brine

Site URL: http://www.mimiceramics.com

Hello! I looked all over the forum to see if I could find an answer for this and couldn't find anything, so apologies if I missed it.

I know that the navigation action varies by template, some of them you have to click to get the drop down and some you can hover (like the template I use, Brine).

However I'm wondering if there's any code to switch that and make it so the visitor has to actually click the icon to get the menu to open. And then I guess making sure there's a way for them to exit as well?

Thanks so much!

• Replies 6
  • Views 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/27/2021 at 2:02 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

That can be  I think.  You don't have a menu text or icon for the dropdown on your shop page. The menu popped up on hover, so if you use click only I think you need to put the word menu on the page before that happens. 

Hmm yes, I just used CSS to use my own icon there, hiding the title of the folder that leads to the drop down. When I had it has just the word "menu" or "start" there wasn't an option to change it to click instead of hover. 

I'd like to remove the hover on that part, and make it so the customer has to physically click that icon for the dropdown list to show up. Similar to a hamburger icon/menu. Is this something I can do in CSS, or do I need to switch to a different template to have that option?

On 3/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, msdema said:

Hmm yes, I just used CSS to use my own icon there, hiding the title of the folder that leads to the drop down. When I had it has just the word "menu" or "start" there wasn't an option to change it to click instead of hover. 

I'd like to remove the hover on that part, and make it so the customer has to physically click that icon for the dropdown list to show up. Similar to a hamburger icon/menu. Is this something I can do in CSS, or do I need to switch to a different template to have that option?

Hi. Do you still need help on this?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived