Can I connect to Square in Commerce!?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://cloudhousebakery.com

I've read online that Square works in Canada but I can't connect my P-O-S to it in the commerce section when I try to connect to Square, my store is based in Canada and the Authorisation keeps stating that it wont connect because I'm not in the US - see image below.

When I first tried to connect, it let me join, fill out all my forms etc, details, I even ordered the reader only to find now that it apparently won't even let me connect now I've wasted days trying to implement and connect the two and wrestle with implementing joint features.

Does anyone else know if this is true, or is there something I'm overlooking Can you even connect Square in Canada!?

So far this whole experience is turning out to be a nightmare... 😞

squareNotConnecting_01.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

You cannot use Square with Squarespace in Canada. It is currently only available in the US.

You can use Square POS in Canada, but only as a completely independent service, with no connection to Squarespace.

I hope this helps. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you kindly @paul2009, much obliged. 

I'm so through with Square, the support is lousy, the way they pass it off as a functional option, and the way they mislead you into thinking it actually does something beneficial to your site unless you give up all you've done and join their platform is just beyond the pale.

I've wasted near on a week now trying to learn about how to integrate it, been sold their stupid reader despite them knowing it won't work with my site.

And Squarespace should be more frank about it's integration and what and why you'd need it, not to mention possibly include to tell people that you can't bloody use it if your website is in Canada.

It would have been easier to hardcode my site in dreamweaver, than suffer this half assed misery.

Thank you for setting me straight, something that neither companies have or seem willing to do for their own customers.

• 7 months later...

I am also a user of Squarespace e-commerce and would love to have Square easily integrate with my checkout as I've used it for in-person sales here in Canada.

I am aware that other Web site hosts in Canada have Square integration so it would be great if Squarespace can make that a priority for Canadian users of their e-commerce system. Thanks!

Bethany

www.bethanyillustrates.com

3 hours ago, bethanyillustrates said:

I am also a user of Squarespace e-commerce and would love to have Square easily integrate with my checkout

Square payments cannot be used for ecommerce sales on Squarespace.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.