How to let customers reset their account passwords while in checkout

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://honoremill.org/

A customer of mine got in touch with me because they were having a hard time completing checkout because they could not remember their account password. This made me notice that there is no "forgot password" option in our checkout and I'm wondering how to add one. I was in touch with Squarespace support who said that the only way to reset an account password is to go to www.honoremill.org/account but a customer wouldn't know to do that. My thought is to could create a "forgot password" hyperlink linked to the above URL in step 1. of the checkout screen, but not sure how to do that since the customization of the checkout screen is limited to theme colors, fonts, etc. Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks,

John

www.honoremill.org

Basil template

Squarespace 7.0

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wondering about this as well - having trouble finding anything on Squarespace's FAQ/Forums that would indicate this is possible

Edit: From Squarespace's FAQ page on Customer Accounts, it appears that they have intentionally not added this feature.

"Customers, members, and donors can only reset their password when they try to log into their account before checkout. The option to reset their password doesn't appear on the checkout page."

Edited by drindo
Found relevant information.
  • Solution
On 3/23/2021 at 5:39 PM, jderuff said:

A customer of mine got in touch with me because they were having a hard time completing checkout because they could not remember their account password. This made me notice that there is no "forgot password" option in our checkout and I'm wondering how to add one.

You cannot modify the checkout, so you won't be able to add a "forgot password" link to this page. To request this feature, please contact Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. 

In the meantime, all you can do is to add an account login link in your navigation menu so that customers can easily find it when they return to your homepage.

All version 7.1 sites and some version 7.0 templates automatically create an account login link but if you’re using a different version 7.0 template, or want to add this link elsewhere on your site (except the checkout) you can create a link manually using the /account/login url.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...
38 minutes ago, matblack said:

Has anyone managed to solve this as there should really be a 'forgot password' prompt after a link to 'sign in'.

This isn't something that anyone can solve because code cannot be added to the checkout page.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.