Loyalty Rewards Program

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been begging SQSP for years to create a rewards program plug-in. No luck. They say they'll talk to the developers but we keep getting enhancements (i.e. Video elements) that arent as helpful as a rewards program.  Whoever can create a plug-in rewards program to SQSP will make a fortune since so many of us need it. Has everyone messaged SQSP about this need? They might listen more if we all keep reaching out. Fingers crossed!

All - I saw on another post that there's a website called Peach's Referral program. It seems to be the closest plug-in to a rewards program but I dont see that it rewards customers with points for purchasing. I'm in contact with the developer who started it and im hoping he'll consider adding on a "points for purchase" reward element to the software. If you see any other solutions, please post them.  https://peachs.co/squarespace-referral-program 

Just now, JamesDesign said:

How would you want it to work?

Thanks for asking! There's a program called LoyaltyLion and I'd like for it to work as closely to that as possible. We have an account with them that I've been paying (and not using) so I can find one that will mimic it for SQSP. Customers earn points in the following ways:  purchases (based on the point/$ ratio we decide), by creating an account, by visiting the website at some frequency, by referring a friend, reviewing a product, by inputting their info like birthdate (and getting points on their birthday), and also being able to give the customer points whenever (i.e.  if a shipment goes wrong, etc.). 

The marketing & data aspects we would love are: being able to customize the name of the rewards program, having customer tiers based on the total purchases (higher the tier, the more points they earn),  data creating lists of customers who are "win back" potential based on their purchase history and being able to email them personalized emails with codes to incentivize purchases, also being able to control when their points expire and being able to send incentive emails to get them to use their points. 

I know LoyaltyLion has an open API so if you know how to code and can create the plug-in for loyalty lion or something like it, I'm confident people (myself included) would buy it.  

35 minutes ago, JamesDesign said:

How would you want it to work?

One last thing that would be nice is to have it integrate with a POS system like Square since SQSP already integrates with that. We havent decided our POS system yet. Thanks!!

16 minutes ago, Mrhodes said:

Would be nice to integrate with a POS system like Square since SQSP already integrates with that

Just to avoid any confusion (for anyone reading this thread later), Squarespace can use Square's payments system - including Square hardware - to take POS payments in the US, but it uses the Squarespace Commerce app. It doesn't integrate with Square's POS system. That's entirely different. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

5 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Just to avoid any confusion (for anyone reading this thread later), Squarespace can use Square's payments system - including Square hardware - to take POS payments in the US, but it uses the Squarespace Commerce app. It doesn't integrate with Square's POS system. That's entirely different. 

Thanks for clarifying. It's discouraging to hear but appreciated for the clarification. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, Mrhodes said:

Thanks for asking! There's a program called LoyaltyLion and I'd like for it to work as closely to that as possible. We have an account with them that I've been paying (and not using) so I can find one that will mimic it for SQSP. Customers earn points in the following ways:  purchases (based on the point/$ ratio we decide), by creating an account, by visiting the website at some frequency, by referring a friend, reviewing a product, by inputting their info like birthdate (and getting points on their birthday), and also being able to give the customer points whenever (i.e.  if a shipment goes wrong, etc.). 

The marketing & data aspects we would love are: being able to customize the name of the rewards program, having customer tiers based on the total purchases (higher the tier, the more points they earn),  data creating lists of customers who are "win back" potential based on their purchase history and being able to email them personalized emails with codes to incentivize purchases, also being able to control when their points expire and being able to send incentive emails to get them to use their points. 

I know LoyaltyLion has an open API so if you know how to code and can create the plug-in for loyalty lion or something like it, I'm confident people (myself included) would buy it.  

Hi Mrhodes!

Our team is trying to develop such an app that you described! Can you please contact me to discuss the details? It would be great to hear your feedback on this topic!

On 6/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, Mrhodes said:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Offerwhere Thank you for posting about this. I appreciate your efforts to make a solution like this as it's the closest thing so far to a viable rewards program.     (Thanks for your question! @PineStreetCreative)

This might surprise you but Shopify offers a plugin called Loyalty Lion Rewards (a totally separate company) who has made their program integrated with Shopify so the customer doesn't know they're using Loyalty Lion. This was a huge draw as we were about to leave Squarespace for Shopify and had an account for Loyalty Lion for months.  Since I do know it's possible for the front end of the program to appear to be the Websites platform and the backend be Loyalty Lion(but through Shopify) or Offerwhere, is there anything your dev team can research to do or to work with Squarespace to make this seamless so our customers only have to share their info once and it appears to only be on our website? I can assure you that many of us will jump this if you can make it seamless for our customers. Thank you!

• 2 months later...

So I am looking for a rewards system to keep track of student "earnings" for selling fundraiser items. We wouldn't want it to be per sale on our website, but rather points we enter manually per student. For example if a student sells a $6 hoagie sandwich during a fundraiser (whether in person or online), they earn $1.25 per sandwich in "Charms Money". Is there any way to selectively do this with @Offerwhere ? We have a backlog of Charms we need to apply to students that need to be manually entered. Ideally we'd like a way for them to click a button and "redeem" their Charms money for use towards music related activity costs by sending a request for how many points they want to redeem towards said activity.

Alternatively if anyone knows of any not for profit remards point systems, please advise..., but iteally I'd like it to be tied to squarespace

• 3 weeks later...

@Offerwhere - recently started a trial of your app and struggling to see this integration on my actual website. Have placed trial orders and these points come through on the rewards portal but nothing comes in for customer to know the points they have received or can view them on the site. Could you let me know how we can get this set up? Really eager to offer a point offering to our customers and my clients but it isn't too clear on your site exactly how this works/displays to customers, would you be able to share a demo site please? Thanks 🙂

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sophieameliadesigns7 said:

any ideas on Rewards / Loyalty points for customer purchases

It's a request I hear often but this isn't technically possible on Squarespace.

Third party developers cannot create discounts or interact with the checkout so it requires Squarespace to either develop the feature themselves or develop a new API to allow us to build a solution.

Do consider making a feature request! To ensure it is seen by the right people at Squarespace, raise a ticket via Squarespace Customer Care.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 11:23 PM, ellie said:

Yes, this! I am looking to switch back to SQSP from Shopify, but absolutely need this and the ability for rewards to integrate with product reviews.

Hi Ellie, I'd be interested to know why you want to move back to SQSP from Shopify -- we are considering moving in the opposite direction and it would be good to know the pros and cons. Thanks, Mary

• 5 months later...

Anyone have an updated on customer loyalty integration? There are so many viable companies. Anyone know about the Offerwhere claims from the company in London? Has anyone been successful yet? 

Squarespace developers, your clients have been requesting this for 4 years. What is the hold-up? Have I missed an announcement? At the minimum add integrations with our your already partnered payment processor companies. Squarespace users are falling behind on the technological advances made to connect with our clientele and grow our business.