How do you change the text colour on hover in a Portfolio Grid: Overlay?

Site URL: https://daisy-tarpon-72er.squarespace.com/portfolio

I have selected Portfolio Grid: Overlay on the portfolio landing page.

I have managed to change the size of the text (Site Style: Global reduction in H3 heading size) on hover over the images but I can't seem to change the colour of the text. I tried the custom font style section but doesn't seem to retain the changes or specifically reference portfolio pages.  Is it because it's a free trial ? That would be the obvious choice but it doesn't seem to work....

Worst case, I assume that I need some css code but have no idea what the reference is....

Should I really use css to change the H3 sizing for the portfolio page alone rather than making a global change?

Can anyone help me out please as I haven't used Squarespace before?

Is it possibly to have a masonry grid in portfolio too - it doesn't seem to offer that option ....

Many thanks

F

PW: Help123

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, fmfm said:

Site URL: https://daisy-tarpon-72er.squarespace.com/portfolio

I have selected Portfolio Grid: Overlay on the portfolio landing page.

I have managed to change the size of the text (Site Style: Global reduction in H3 heading size) on hover over the images but I can't seem to change the colour of the text. I tried the custom font style section but doesn't seem to retain the changes or specifically reference portfolio pages.  Is it because it's a free trial ? That would be the obvious choice but it doesn't seem to work....

Worst case, I assume that I need some css code but have no idea what the reference is....

Should I really use css to change the H3 sizing for the portfolio page alone rather than making a global change?

Can anyone help me out please as I haven't used Squarespace before?

Is it possibly to have a masonry grid in portfolio too - it doesn't seem to offer that option ....

Many thanks

F

PW: Help123

You can control the color of porfolio page by select Colors tab 

image.png.2b39781e980c2f285864a573200f9c58.png

Also default portfolio page not support masonry layout, you can create a new page and link a summary block to this portfolio page to get masonry look

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Thanks bangank36 - is it a hassle to get the links from a gallery masonry block to the portfolio sub pages? 

The colours that I would like to change are the TEXT which appears on hover over the grid images not the background of the page....Does that make sense?

Thanks again

53 minutes ago, fmfm said:

Thanks bangank36 - is it a hassle to get the links from a gallery masonry block to the portfolio sub pages? 

The colours that I would like to change are the TEXT which appears on hover over the grid images not the background of the page....Does that make sense?

Thanks again

In colors tab, you saw a theme editor link, it will lead you to a section where you can edit the color of portfolio grid title, the section color control color text too not just the background

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Sorry got the colours working but your other suggestions:

I said using a summary block on a normal page and select your portfolio as source to get masonry look

Not sure what a summary block is and how you select portfolio as source?

Can you spell it out a bit....Thanks

29 minutes ago, fmfm said:

Sorry got the colours working but your other suggestions:

I said using a summary block on a normal page and select your portfolio as source to get masonry look

Not sure what a summary block is and how you select portfolio as source?

Can you spell it out a bit....Thanks

Sorry I mean this summary block, but I was wrong about porfolio, summary block on 7.1 only support blog and store pages

image.png.2a3c98ce531680a293275f6c45285b55.png

image.png

Archived