Save function is gone??

Go to solution Solved by taylorwolfe,

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey folks, 

Anyone else having issues with the "Save" button and edit bar at the top of the page editor disappearing while they're working and then not being able to save? It seems to be a new problem with the newest version of Squarespace. It's happened to me multiple times over the past few weeks. 

Is there a work around? I just did a ton of work on a page and now the save button is missing and I don't want to lose it all. 😓

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 6.54.00 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On mine the whole header isn't disappearing, but the Save button does not drop down from the DONE after making edits.

I have finally boiled this issue down to a conflict with using a Wacom Intuos tablet (connected to my laptop) to operate Squarespace in Chrome or Firefox. Save button does not appear when using tablet, but Save button functions normally while using laptop trackpad. Driver update didn't work, trying to solve with Squarespace and/or Wacom support now but hope this helps someone else avoid wasting tens of hours like I have!

@Mangobanana @slackartillustration @Envision @makennaokeeffe Are any of you using a Wacom tablet by any chance?

On 9/20/2022 at 10:28 AM, melmotz said:

On mine the whole header isn't disappearing, but the Save button does not drop down from the DONE after making edits.

I have finally boiled this issue down to a conflict with using a Wacom Intuos tablet (connected to my laptop) to operate Squarespace in Chrome or Firefox. Save button does not appear when using tablet, but Save button functions normally while using laptop trackpad. Driver update didn't work, trying to solve with Squarespace and/or Wacom support now but hope this helps someone else avoid wasting tens of hours like I have!

@Mangobanana @slackartillustration @Envision @makennaokeeffe Are any of you using a Wacom tablet by any chance?

OH MY GOODNESS I have been losing my ever loving mind with this today. I had already restarted my computer, updated both browsers, fiddled with just about every setting i could think of. Then I thought there's just no way this is me?! Bless this thread because i was ready to fling myself into the ocean in despair LOL! I had about 20 blog posts to schedule for a site and nothing was working.  This is an absolutely silly issue to be encountering, but since it's the third glitch with the WACOM i've had today after an update it makes sense. If anyone finds the driver update/fix for this  let me know pleas pretty please! 🙂

@Eleln It is maddening but glad you found this! Unplugging the tablet or working in Safari have been my only options so far. Wacom gave me lots of help but nothing worked. Squarespace just said what they always say "we're working on a fix for this." Drivers, updating privacy>accessibility settings, nothing worked.

Apparently this is similar to touchscreen issues they're having, but not sure if they're making any progress. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Thank you! Halleluja finally found the cause here. I have been chatting with the helpdesk for an hour and they kept telling me it was my custom code, my browser and not a bug. Despite it happening in 5 different browsers.

I have been using a Wacom for 25 years and literally never encountered any issue like this in a website. It is a Squarespace bug. The Console also displays errors in the logfiles on each click with a Wacom pen.

Strangely enough I have had periods when working with Squarespace when this was not an issue, and suddenly now it is.

• 1 year later...