Choosing the right imagery for your website.

Your website and brand’s personality is established by your overall styling choices like fonts and colors. But it’s through the imagery you choose that your website’s tone and message can really shine.

You can take your own photos or use stock images, or you could choose to use infographics instead. Whichever you decide to do, choosing compelling images can help further your business goals. 

What are ways you’ve used imagery on your website? What kind of impact did it have? Share in the comments below!

• 4 weeks later...

When I created my website i knew i would be relying on mostly stock photos. There are so many amazing stock photos available that I wasn't too concerned about this, but it did take a lot of digging to find the right ones. 

I wanted to create something that was inviting, optimistic, approachable and recognizable by location. I also opted for images that are a bit grainy or resemble film photography. 

Thanks

Tiny Coast Digitaldigital-marketing-services.thumb.png.9424efbe9dbb8e21e5dbf6aa58e349a1.png

tiny-coast-digital-markeitng.thumb.png.5ef6314b9768e6d8a3df18fb6751d333.png

Edited by Tiny_Coast

Great question!

For my website, I used only illustrations (not a single photo). Photos are great for setting the tone, but so are illustrations. They just have to fit your websites purpose.

The advantage of just using illustrations is simply that it looks great! When done right. Below are some screenshots of one of my websites. What are your thought on just using illustrations?

Full site here: sparkplugin.com

p4.thumb.png.bc78b6cb935ea6160624c4766a9cad43.png

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace