Border code only working on homepage not on other pages

• Replies 4
  • Views 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the section you're referencing and the thin black borders on the top and bottom. But i'm not sure what you want to have borders on for the other pages, they don't have a large banner at the top like the home page. Your code is applying to the section called "welcome" and that section is your large full-width banner on the home page. Since the other pages don't have that section, there's nothing to put a border on. 

On 3/18/2021 at 8:42 PM, emilywylde said:

Hey @isensmith the code that I have used is to add a line to the top and bottom of individual blocks. 
So I have added this code to the 'welcome' block (as well as other blocks on the homepage) but my issue is when I add it to any other block on non-homepage blocks it doesn't work the same.

Index page has #section id. Non-index page has no this ID.

You can change all to index page, or use a lot of CSS to solve.

Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hi Emily, it sounds like whatever css youre adding to other blocks to make the border is still referring to the ID of the block on the home page, so it's not applying to the new block. Could you paste the styling line(s) that you're adding to those other blocks so i can see if it's referring to the wrong thing?

Archived