Is there a way to remove the unsubscribe link from the Customer Account?

Site URL: https://www.yourfitmatecoach.com

hello

I have a subscription product managed via the ecom package.

I am trying to stop customers to cancel their subscription without telling us.  At the moment, they can simply access their account and unsubscribe.

I have hidden the login access from our website, but they can still do it by clicking on a link in the confirmation order email.

I can't disable the customer account access and I can't remove the unsubscription link from the account

I am trying to stop them accessing their account.

Would you have a way around, either by:

- removing the 'unsubscribe" link from the account

- stopping the access to customer account (redirect doesn't work and is not possible)

- any other ideas?

thanks for your help

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MarieCHCM said:

Is there a way to remove the unsubscribe link from the Customer Account?

I am trying to stop customers [cancelling] their subscription without telling us.  At the moment, they can simply access their account and unsubscribe.

When a customer unsubscribes, you'll receive an email from Squarespace telling you they have cancelled their subscription. 

You cannot prevent someone from accessing their account panel or cancelling their subscription.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for getting back to me Paul

But theorically :

I can hide the customer account login

- Remove any links driving to customer account in transactional email (order confirmation email - need custom CSS)

- Change copy on the order confirmation page (mention of cancelling via the account)

- Change copy in the checkout (mention of cancelling via the account)

All via custom CSS. Am I right?

1 hour ago, MarieCHCM said:

But theoretically :

• I can hide the customer account login
  • Remove any links driving to customer account in transactional email (order confirmation email - need custom CSS)
  • Change copy on the order confirmation page (mention of cancelling via the account)
  • Change copy in the checkout (mention of cancelling via the account)

It may be tempting to hide these links but I believe it's better to provide a pleasant 'offboarding' process where you can empathise with the customer and explain the benefits of their subscription.

By giving customers the freedom to manage their account, as Squarespace intended, you will improve user experience, and empower your brand and reputation.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul -  I do totally agree with you and I also think flexibility in managing a subscription is a great acquisition USP ... But we are in a phase where we would like to understand why customers would like to unsubscribe and we would like to take the opportunity to get feedback on the product.

That's the only reason why we would like to control cancellation.

Just trying to find a way around SS by default UX

8 minutes ago, MarieCHCM said:

we would like to understand why customers would like to unsubscribe and we would like to take the opportunity to get feedback on the product.

You cannot currently do this before they unsubscribe, but you can invite them to provide this feedback afterwards. For example, you can add a feedback link to subscription cancellation emails.

Thanks Paul - appreciate your support. We have changed the message of the cancellation confirmation indeed.

I also wrote you a message on the same topic : With custom CSS code, is it possible to edit the copy of

- the order confirmation email - there is a by default copy I would like to amend

- the order confirmation page - there is a by default copy I would like to amend

- the checkout page - (in the review & subscribe) - there is a by default copy I would like to amend

I just would like to know if it's possible

Thanks

Archived