Automatic Royalties Out

Site URL: https://www.braedenayres.com

Hey folks, I'm looking to get a little assistance. I've asked both Stripe and Squarespace for help on this issue, and the answer seems to be that what I want isn't natively possible, so I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a third-party add in or custom code solution to my problem. I'm not a coder, so any potential solutions need to be somewhat accessible, or something I could hire someone else to set up for me/train me on.  

Anyway... the issue. I'm a composer of choral music who uses Stripe/Squarespace to sell PDFs of my scores, mostly to K-12 and Collegiate ensembles. I am looking to create automatic royalty
 payments which go out to my collaborators. For example, I have a single product (X) for which 50% of all sales (pre-tax) should go to "John Doe." Is there a way to set up automatic, recurring royalty payments, so John Doe automatically receives 50% of all sales of product X on a monthly basis? I know that, for example, using Franchise Royalty Payments (https://stripe.com/partners/franchise-royalty-payments) I can *receive* royalties, but I want to send them out

Ideally, I would be able to set up these types of agreements with multiple partners on different products (e.g., John Doe receives 50% of product X's revenue; Jane Doe receives 70% of product Y; George Doe receives 5% of product X and 10% of product Y's revenue; etc.). In another perfect world, the system would also keep track of all of this so I can generate reports as needed. I know it's possible, because major publishers do it all the time... but I also know they have huge numbers of employees, and I'm independent, so it needs to be relatively easy to set up and maintain.

Any ideas for how this might be done? If I could get such a system in place, it would really help me grow my business in a meaningful way, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can provide any other details, or if there's a better place to ask.

• Replies 0
  • Views 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived