Whatsapp Icon on Header and Footer

Site URL: https://www.libeluladesol.cl

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a way to add mi Whatsapp number on Social links (header and footer). I've already tried a solution: 

but didn't work for me.

Right now I've added a link icon with the whatsapp contact and standard message. You can see it in the header and the footer:

Header: image.thumb.png.e820f6581c54ac5e7abe8c76ea2de293.png

Footer: 
image.png.830ffde9021fbfb271fb8cf14d06fd77.png

Can anyone help me with the coding?

My website is www.libeluladesol.cl

@LykaStudio

Building off of @tuanphan' s code, try the following.

#header [href*="wa.link"] {

visibility : hidden;

}

#header [href*="wa.link"]:before {

content : '\f232';
  font-family : FontAwesome;
  visibility : visible;

}

This is for v7.1.

The main difference here is that we need to use wa.link instead of wa.me. Different links, differennt selectors.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thank you so much @creedon! It worked like a charm! How did you know which selector to use? I need to add a tik tok icon to another page too.

Only one more thing, I also have the social icons on my footer. The icons are inside a circle, but the whatsapp icon didn't seem to pick up on the same style. It is just plain white. Can you help me please? I'll attach an image so you see what I mean, 

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 09.50.05.png

On 3/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, LykaStudio said:

How did you know which selector to use?

I really just followed tuanphan's code and substituted the part of your WhatsApp URL that was appropriate.

The icons are inside a circle, but the whatsapp icon didn't seem to pick up on the same style.

Yeah that is a tricky one. In the header you are swapping in a font.

The footer is using SVG (scaleable vector graphics) and two versions of each icon image to achieve the effect there.

The first challenge would be obtaining the WhatsApp icon in two formats. Here is an example of the Facebook f in it's two versions. The second image is a mask.

407414981_ScreenShot2021-03-20at2_02_28PM.thumb.png.d9a2bca3636b061d16b1277bb770b2d4.png

The second part of the challenge shouldn't be too hard. Use Javascript to swap in the two SVGs in place of the generic social icon SS uses. This would require the business plan or above.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:53 PM, LykaStudio said:

Thank you so much @creedon! It worked like a charm! How did you know which selector to use? I need to add a tik tok icon to another page too.

Only one more thing, I also have the social icons on my footer. The icons are inside a circle, but the whatsapp icon didn't seem to pick up on the same style. It is just plain white. Can you help me please? I'll attach an image so you see what I mean, 

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 09.50.05.png

Hi. Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 3/23/2021 at 8:24 AM, LykaStudio said:

@creedon thank you so much for your help, but I don't know even a little bit of Javascript. @tuanphan if you are able to I'd be very grateful! 

On 3/23/2021 at 9:17 PM, Lianna said:

It didn't work for me either :-(
Does it have to do with the site version? 

Hi. Try this my guide.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

Appears to be WhatsApp is touchy to the size of search engine optimization image used. I played around with the size of the photograph record and it now suggests up as a preview/thumbnail when sharing.