Google Analytics 4

Site URL: https://www.branchingupwards.co.uk

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone has raised a Google Analytics 4 issue with the guys at SQS. I've not been in Analytics for a while and so recently set up a new site on it. By default it goes onto GA4 and so doesn't give the regular UA-****** code but rather a new format. This format is not being recognised by the standard Google Analytics API in Settings, it's still looking for UA. It's particularly problematic for people on a Personal account cause you can't manually add the code snipper into the Header Code. Additionally this leads to another problem that the site can't be verified by Google Search Console. I normally rely on the GA tag being used to verify but all other ways again require code snippets to be added.

It would be great therefore if Squarespace could update the Settings function to allow this.

Thanks all.

• Replies 2
  • Views 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not an issue because GA4 while claimed to be production ready there have been data problems, so take the advice of industry and run this alongside your existing UA, and start to get to know it.

We are looking at  a migration path that we see will not become compulsory for 12 months at the very earliest, and probably the timeline will be much longer. consideration the migration path from GA to UA. This will be accelerated by things like cookie-less tracking via browsers so it's not wrong to be looking at it now.

If you want to run GA4 via SS the best way is going to be as a stand-alone code injection via GTM if you are using that. I would not be relying on GA4 as a primary analytics measurement tool.

This is the setup with our Clients and over the next 12 months we will migrate it.

I hope this helps frame it.

G.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

Hi, My Google Analytics no longer loads any other page other than the Home page of data. And, Google is sending me email to upgrade my "tag" but I see random conversations here that going from UA-id to G-id might break my Google Analytics even more.

Are these two issues related? Did SquareSpace stop working with GoogleAnalytics?

UPDATE: After talks with GA chat it appears this is a GA issue they are working to fix.

Thanks!

Archived