No website image preview on socials??

Site URL: http://openarttherapy.co.uk

Hello 

I am trying to post the info about my practice on some Facebook groups. Unfortunately link to my website appears as a blank text - it doesn't generate a page preview like most websites do (see below). Same goes for WhatsApp etc. 

Any ideas how to make sure the little preview is generated each time the link is posted on my/other people's socials? 

I have a basic plan on Squarespace, just fiy. 

Thanks so much for your help! 

Screenshot_20210311-071935.png

Edited by PollyMis
  • PollyMis changed the title to No website image preview on socials??
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @PollyMis

Usually the image that will be displayed when sharing content from your site on social media is the Alternate Social Sharing Image. Check this help article for further details:

How content displays in social posts - Which images display

If you have already uploaded such an image, then I'd recommend having a look into the troubleshooting section of the guide I linked above. 

For any further questions you might have, please contact Squarespace Customer Support for personalized assistance. 

• 2 months later...

If you want to show your website image on social media, you just need to add your image to the featured image, as well as you can go close editor and insert an image in social. I am sure you can get a good result.

Edited by jackxovob