Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How do you ensure your online store is set up for success?

There are a variety of details to consider when setting up your online store, all in service of the ultimate goal: helping your customers find what they’re looking for and complete checkout smoothly. 

Get a head start by brainstorming tags, categories, and subcategories so customers can quickly find what they are looking for and browse related items. Think early on about which shipping options and potential discount codes might serve you best. These kinds of  decisions can have a direct impact on performance.

How do you make sure your online store is set up for success? Share in the comments below!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a variety of details to consider when setting up your online store, all in service of the ultimate goal: helping your customers find what they’re looking for and complete checkout smoothly. 

For Basic Commerce, is it only flat rate shipping that is an option or do you know of any integrations or options for custom shipping pricing without Advanced Commerce? I have a client shipping primarily in Canada and uses Shiptime for calculating right now, but it doesn't integrate with SqSp. 

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Setting up an online store to actually be successful is a relatively difficult feat–especially with the transition of everything towards the online world.

Honestly, I'm not as confident and reckless as other people who've succeeded in the entrepreneurial journey, I'm a detail freak because I want to be prepared for almost every single part of any interest venture because I'm not some crazy multi-millionaire that can suffer a loss just like that.

Okay, that was a pretty lengthy intro but here's the content meat.

I made my own process that I've been following for years now–I call it SHIP which stands for Search, Hone, Invest, and Pay. 

SEARCH

Whenever I start something new, I make it a point to actually do my research. And no, research is not just looking up what you don't know, but it also involved refreshing knowledge that you already have. You would be surprised how many times I've actually debunked my own beliefs just by searching around lol. 

When I began my eCommerce journey more than 10 years ago, I had so many awesome sources that were crucial for the development of my thoughts and business structures. They'd be outdated by now though. A quick google search gave me this gem of a Shopify blogpost and this other article which breaks down the entire process of building your store from scratch.

HONE

Every idea is brilliant if it's the first time you've thought about it–words I wished someone told me when I thought every single concept that entered my mind was going to make me into a millionaire lol. But if you're dead-set and consistent on something, you'll trim the edges of that vague object in your head. This is the part where you actually reflect and apply the information you've found with your research to your product.

INVEST

No money-earning engine can ever be achieved for free. Whether it's time, money, or effort (or your soul) and you're going to need to exchange to achieve. Exchange that hour scrolling through Facebook to sort through your sources and achieve a better grasp of your product, exchange that time out with friends with meeting up with leads or prospects to achieve that business expansion–the list goes on.

PAY

Pay, for pay-it-forward. When you've actually achieved that ROI you were hoping for, develop your connection with your customers further. Listen to their feedback regarding your products, involve yourself in their discussion, and solve problems that will benefit both you and your consumer.

These are just a few tips that I've come to embody in every single business venture I've undergone 😄