Needing help with a Donation site

I am getting stuck when laying this site out. It is a site similar to the layout of this template: https://malone-demo.squarespace.com/

My client has farm animals she is asking for donations per animal. So I constructed it as an ecommerce site and added the animals as 'products'.

1. Do I set the layout up on a hidden page? then place a SUMMARY where I would like to show the animal grid? (then I don't get a button)
  2. What is the best way to set this up? I have tried it all--- as 'donations' individually; summary block; product page.....

Ideally- I would like the summary to have Donate buttons that tracks each animal, i.e.., "Donate for Philippe"

prob.png

• Replies 8
  • Views 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it work to have each animal as a service "product" with a variant option called donation level? Friend, Supporter, Patron, etc? The downside here is that you don't get the potential other option that you do with a donate button.

Then build a page with Product blocks. Products block have the option to show an excerpt. You'd need some CSS to hide the quantity button.

But that doesn't seem very efficient.

I'm thinking just a regular page where you build up each animal's pic, description, and a donation button.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 1:32 AM, coco2327 said:

Is there a way to know which animal they donated to?  I am also dealing with a non profit website

On 3/10/2021 at 12:51 AM, kakers said:

Ok- thanks for trying.

I am going another route. Here, I have just stacked :

TEXT
DONATE BUTTON

the donate button pops up and it is there you can add denominations and OTHER!

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.48.19 AM.png

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived