Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Creating a Website for a Client

When creating a website for a client, when do you add them as an Admin or transfer ownership rights?  Before or after payment?  How do you review the website with them if you don't add them as an Admin?  

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To allow for reviewing of the site during the build period I provide the client with a password protected link to view the site.  I do this so the client can't go in and make changes to the site

Hi. you should post this on some FB groups
+ Squarespace Customization Resource Groups
+ Squarespace Community
+ Squarespace Entrepreneur
+ Squarespace Rockstars

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, maywebdesign said:

When creating a website for a client, when do you add them as an Admin or transfer ownership rights?  Before or after payment?  How do you review the website with them if you don't add them as an Admin?  

To allow for reviewing of the site during the build period I provide the client with a password protected link to view the site. 

I do this so the client can't go in and make changes to the site (and accidentally undo my work!) whilst I am still working on it. 

When the site is finished I then give them administrator level rights so they can go in and purchase their Squarespace plan, I invoice them on the same day for my fee's.