Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hi @paul2009 Im looking to see if the dates for my blog posts throughout the site (in summary blocks, blog pages and individual blog posts) can read "1 day ago" or "5 days ago" or "1 month ago" instea

3 answers to this question

There isn't a built-in feature but it's possible to do this with JavaScript!

First you'll need to extract each post's date, calculate the number of seconds between then and now. If it is less than 60 seconds you substitute "X seconds ago", if it is less than 3600 you substitute "X minutes ago" and so on.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

The code would be written to look for every blog post date on the page and modify it as described. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007.