Gift Card Redemption

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

Site URL: http://www.squarespace.com

Hello!  

We allow our customers to redeem their gift cards online and in-store.  Unfortunately, customers are only able to redeem their cards in-store when I am present (staff are unable to help otherwise), because the codes can only be manually typed into the Commerce App (which is on my personal phone).  Has anyone found a way to redeem the codes through the desktop version of the website so that our staff can also redeem cards? Our staff have access to the platform through the desktop (so they can fulfill orders, update inventory, etc.), but I haven't been able to figure this part out. 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi @MichelleFolly!

I wanted to drop a quick update and let you know that gift cards can now be redeemed in person through the Squarespace app by any contributor that has permissions to the Commerce panel. Here's some more information about that: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012559408-How-customers-use-gift-cards#toc-redeeming-a-gift-card

• 4 months later...

This thread is the closest one I can find that hints at my unique issue.  Gift cards has been a challenge for us. We previously used Squarespace to sell them, but had Quickbooks in person. SO, if a person got a $100 gift card and used $50 on an appointment, but wanted to use, for example $20, on a product we were able to deduct that $20 from the remaining $50 so they had $30 remaining.  For some reason, we can no longer edit the remaining balances on gift cards.  This makes tracking extremely complicated, indeed impossible.  Can someone tell me why this was changed and what I should now be doing to allow people partial redemption of gift cards, manually.  If they book an appt using the GC, it automatically deducts that amount, it's the in-store purchases that necessitate our needing to be able to deduct some from the GC.  Help!

After holiday season we have a lot of GC out there and I need to know how to handle in this case as it is very frequently seen in our shop.

Thanks

• 11 months later...

This is not working for me. I have 3 restaurants that have all been invited as ecommerce managers and have a tablet in each restaurant and they can not redeem the giftcards.

I've had to make all restaurants admins to squarespace temporarily in order to allow them to redeem the cards. This is not ideal though as it means they now have the ability to do whatever they want on the website.

Can someone please help me?