How to Show a product's description on the main Store/Products Page

Under each Product Title on the main Store Page, I want to show the product's Description which for me is important because it will contain the Allergens. I don't want them to have to click the item just to know which has certain allergens. 

I've already tried my best to figure this out, to no avail so I now turn here hoping someone could help... My initial idea was to scrape the description of every product individual pages and append that to their corresponding block in the Store Pages, but I don't know if that's possible or how to go about that.

Thank you very much for your time !

*the site isn't published yet*

Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 13.58.06.png

Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 13.58.30.png

I recommend you create a Tag for each allergen such as ‘gluten’ (or the opposite, a Tag for ‘gluten free’ and so on) and then tag each product correctly. With some code (or Summary Blocks) you can then show the tags as labels. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I will try this tomorrow thank you so much !

What I also failed to mention is, if i really want the description shown, as in the short description of the food, to be shown in the products/store page as well. I don't think making those via tags makes sense, what are the possible solution to see them without having to go to the product details page?

5 minutes ago, mhalsquare said:

i really want the description shown, as in the short description of the food, to be shown in the products/store page

I don't really understand what you're asking. It may help if you include a working link to the page, as well as an annotated screenshot of what you want to achieve. It doesn't matter if the site isn't published; you can set a public password and share it with us.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

5 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

I don't really understand what you're asking. It may help if you include a working link to the page, as well as an annotated screenshot of what you want to achieve. It doesn't matter if the site isn't published; you can set a public password and share it with us.

https://www.liuliu.at/produkt-kategorie/vorspeisen/ (this page isnt ours but an example of each product item showing the description of each product. 

https://www.shouko.at/shop (now this is a friend's webshop, but it doesn't show the description of the products right away)

What I want would be like the former link. Sorry for the confusion !

1 hour ago, mhalsquare said:

each product item showing the description of each product

You cannot do this on a Product List Page, but you can achieve this with a Summary Block by using the Show Excerpt feature. Although to be honest, Squarespace was not built for takeaway food and isn't best suited for this.

• 2 years later...
On 3/7/2021 at 12:20 PM, paul2009 said:

You cannot do this on a Product List Page, but you can achieve this with a Summary Block by using the Show Excerpt feature. 

I also have this need. I tried the summary block workaround, but it's not formatting well and isn't very user-friendly. My client sells photography books and he wants to see a description of each book on the store page. 

Here's a sample of what he's wanting to see on the store page: https://www.jsricephotography.com/books-archive

And here's how the store is currently set up: https://www.jsricephotography.com/books

Additional complexity: 

He's currently using a third party service for fulfillment on the books that are currently published, so the "Add to cart" buttons are linked to an external site. But, he's releasing a new book next week, which will use SquareSpace's cart for checkout, which is why we need to use the store page. Otherwise, I would have just stuck with the format on the /books-archive page 🙃

30 minutes ago, chymer said:

I also have this need [for a description of each book on the store page]. He's releasing a new book next week, which will use SquareSpace's cart for checkout, which is why we need to use the store page. Otherwise, I would have just stuck with the format on the /books-archive page 🙃

Hi @chymer 

Do you have a mockup of how you would like the new book to appear on the current archive page? Also, what billing plan does the site use?

21 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Hi @chymer 

Do you have a mockup of how you would like the new book to appear on the current archive page? Also, what billing plan does the site use?

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I just added the new book to https://www.jsricephotography.com/books-archive as a preview. 

He's currently using the Commerce Advanced subscription. He's working with Bookmobile for fulfillment/drop-shipping, and they required the Commerce Advanced plan for their integration