CSS Help - Trying to add a different font in H4

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, byharriet said:

Trying to add a different font in H4:
h4 { font-family: 'rollerscript-smooth'}

This will only work if you have already loaded a font with the name "rollerscript-smooth" on this site. If you haven't done this, the CSS will not know where to find the specified font family. 

For future reference, it will help us if you include a working link to the site when you post questions. This enables us to view the code that the site is using. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you Paul.

I ended up making Rollerscript-smooth (a preloaded font) as the default and then using code to default in H1, H2 and H3 in Libre Baskerville.  I know this is the wrong way in theory but it worked, or atleast I thought so. On further inspection the H1, H2 and H3 fonts are displaying as something else entirely.

Site https://elk-beagle-34wl.squarespace.com/ (password test)

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, byharriet said:

Thank you Paul.

I ended up making Rollerscript-smooth (a preloaded font) as the default and then using code to default in H1, H2 and H3 in Libre Baskerville.  I know this is the wrong way in theory but it worked, or atleast I thought so. On further inspection the H1, H2 and H3 fonts are displaying as something else entirely.

Site https://elk-beagle-34wl.squarespace.com/ (password test)

Any suggestions?

Hi. Do you still need help on this?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 3/19/2021 at 6:50 AM, alexavisho said:

I'm having the same issue!

my custom font seems to work for everything except h4?

the price is h4 and remains in times. Does this have something to do with it being in a store?

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 6.48.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 6.49.38 PM.png

try replace

h4

with

h4 *

or

h4 *, h4

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived