Header/navigation styling questions...

Site URL: https://hen-rust-2rf6.squarespace.com/

Hello,

I'm looking for some help with a few various design aspects on my website. I've searched the forums but can't seem to be able to find exactly what I'm looking for in here. Perhaps one of you might be able to give me some input. 

The site URL is: https://hen-rust-2rf6.squarespace.com/

The password is: guest

Here are my questions:

1. Currently, I have a transparent header with a box shadow when first visiting the home page. As you begin to scroll, the banner defaults to the style of whatever the first section is. Ideally, I'd like the banner to start fully transparent with no box shadow, and then upon scrolling, have the subtle box shadow appear underneath it and have it change to either the current setting where it matches the color theme of the first section, or to a white background. I'm not sure I'm describing this exactly right, but if you need clarification, please let me know.

2. I have changed my desktop navigation to always force the hamburger patty style navigation, which I like, and plan on keeping, but am hoping to be able to change the vertical spacing of the navigation links independently between the desktop version and mobile version of the sites. Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Sam

• Replies 2
  • Views 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 10 months later...

Hi Sam,

I did the same thing on my site and used "Dynamic Style" (go to Edit Site Header > Styles > select Dynamic Style). That should keep it box-free and transparent throughout the site as you scroll.

I'd love to know how you did the "hamburger patty" navigation for the desktop version though! That is exactly what I need to do as well.

Have a good one,

Ariana

Edit Site Header_Styles.png

Edit Site Header_Styles_Dynamic.png