Adding a folder in root directory

Site URL: https://www.crowdcooks.be

Hi there,

My client who has a SquareSpace website wants to use Tradetracker to track his sales.

I have to create a folder in the root directory with a file into it to handle the incoming clicks.

I created the folder /foodbox/ (name defined by Tradetracker) with the php file (other languages are available from Tradetracker, is PHP OK?) in the folder /thecrowdcooks I can access via the ftp. The test link returns a 404 error.

Is it actually possible? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2021 at 3:39 PM, BrigStudio said:

Site URL: https://www.crowdcooks.be

Hi there,

My client who has a SquareSpace website wants to use Tradetracker to track his sales.

I have to create a folder in the root directory with a file into it to handle the incoming clicks.

I created the folder /foodbox/ (name defined by Tradetracker) with the php file (other languages are available from Tradetracker, is PHP OK?) in the folder /thecrowdcooks I can access via the ftp. The test link returns a 404 error.

Is it actually possible? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about upload php file to Squarespace?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi bangank36, thanks for the reaction.

Yes, kind of asking that 🙂

For the tracking services my client wants to use, I need to upload a file (php if the server is OK with that) in the root of the website. But I'm not sure what I'm accessing with dev.squarespace.com... is it the root or something else?

Anyway, so far it is not working.

7 hours ago, BrigStudio said:

Hi bangank36, thanks for the reaction.

Yes, kind of asking that 🙂

For the tracking services my client wants to use, I need to upload a file (php if the server is OK with that) in the root of the website. But I'm not sure what I'm accessing with dev.squarespace.com... is it the root or something else?

Anyway, so far it is not working.

You will need external hosting service provider, squarespace simply not allow that 

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived