Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Price variants for Digital Products

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up my website to sell digital products and I notice you can't have different pricing options like you can for 'physical products'.

My digital products need different pricing depending on the license option you choose, but the exact same file would be downloaded when purchased.

Is there a way I can create different price options for a digital product? I do not want to list the different license options as separate products as I think this would be confusing for the customer.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. You cannot create different price points for the same digital file. Without seeing your site it's difficult to provide you with specific advice, but here are some possible workarounds that ma

Thanks so much for replying! The activity automation sounds like it could work, I will give this a go. 

1 hour ago, Mel_Bank said:

Is there a way I can create different price options for a digital product?

No. You cannot create different price points for the same digital file.

Without seeing your site it's difficult to provide you with specific advice, but here are some possible workarounds that may help:

• Add each pricing option as a separate Digital Product. It's not ideal but you can make this less confusing for customers by removing the standard add-to-cart button and then adding Product Blocks for each licence. Each Product Block can be configured to only show the add-to-cart button (there are checkboxes for this). Each button can then be relabelled to have different wording (there is a checkbox for this in the product composer), such as 'Add Personal Licence to Cart' and 'Add Business Licence to Cart'.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007.