CSS custom code no longer showing on unpublished site - version 7.1

I'm working on an unpublished site in version 7.1 

I've added some snippets of custom css which were showing up on the site just fine until the other day - when I get a pop-up upon entering the site that SS has a new thing called Site Styles, which seemed similar to design but the window along with custom css box opened up out the the right side of my dashboard instead of the left.  

I checked it out - all of my CSS code is still in there - and I didn't make any changes - but the coding customizations - are no longer showing up in my web site it went back to defaults. 

I've written Squarespace about this and have yet to hear back but need a fix soon in order to continue working on this project. 

Thanks for any help. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, kmdesign said:

the window along with custom css box opened up out the the right side of my dashboard instead of the left.

Squarespace are rolling out a new "Contextual Style Editing" feature in Squarespace 7.1 this week that's supposed to make editing your site easier but in my opinion, it is truly dreadful. This feature moves the custom CSS box to the right side of the preview, instead of the left.

However, if code is not working, you've done the right thing by contacting Squarespace Customer Care. They won't support the code itself, but they should be able to confirm if there are any issues with the platform. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Paul, thanks for the response....

I agree with the right side, pop-up being out of place, it does seem they've changed it back to the left.  But I'm more concerned about the existing code I've implemented not working anymore on the site.  It's all still in my CSS Code box, just doesn't do anything more.  

Still haven't heard back from SquareSpace.  

If you need help with the CSS, please post a working link to the site (you’ll need to set and share a public password if it’s not live) and let us know what the CSS is supposed to change. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived