Taking Payments with Stripe and PCI Compliance

I am thinking of setting up a Stripe account and linking it to Acuity for ease of taking payments.  BUT, I have a question no one can seem to answer for me.

According to Stripe's site, there is an Annual SAS Audit Questionnaire that needs to be filled out.  It is not clear if that questionnaire is filled out by me, the website owner, or by Squarespace which owns Acuity since they are the ones controlling the back end.  I have and will not have any custom coding on my site.

If it is ME that has to fill out this quetionnaire I don't see how that is possible, because it asks all kinds of questions about how the cardholder data is encrypted and protected, etc.  I don't see any of the cardholder data.  All of that is handled by Acuity when the client books the appointment.

I contact Stripe Sales well over a week ago, and someone emailed me for information on my business and then never got back to me.  I contacted her again yesterday and she said she was swamped and passed my question on to someone else.  It's kind of clear that she didn't want to deal with a start-up business with no revenue yet.

I need to get something in place in order to be able to take client payments.  But don't want to set up Stripe until I know what I am getting into.  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived