Cannot edit blog title

Enter edit mode go to pages, select your blog page, select specific blog post by clicking the title or thumbnail in the panel, not the three dots which opens the settings. Once you click the title the blog post opens on the right. Click edit up on the top left corner of the page. Then click the title of your post. You will see a vertical line. Then you can type, back space to delete. Highlight and erase, whatever you need to do. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:07 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

Enter edit mode go to pages, select your blog page, select specific blog post by clicking the title or thumbnail in the panel, not the three dots which opens the settings. Once you click the title the blog post opens on the right. Click edit up on the top left corner of the page. Then click the title of your post. You will see a vertical line. Then you can type, back space to delete. Highlight and erase, whatever you need to do. 

I tried clicking on the small "No Title" text at the top of the page and the settings modal opens. There is definitely nothing in settings about a Blog Post Title. I've tried adding a new blog, starting a new blog page. Nothing seems to allow me to edit or add a blog post title. Any help is greatly appreciated.

screenshot-soulfulslumberparties.squarespace.com-2021.03.22-17_34_28.png

screenshot-soulfulslumberparties.squarespace.com-2021.03.22-17_34_282.png

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I ran into the same problem.

Under Pages, I see my blog page on the left as a link (link icon). Clicking on it does nothing—the right pane shows the previous page I was on and doesn't load the blog.

Usually clicking on a page on the left brings up the page on the right with edit capabilities.

In Settings, I can see Blogging so it's enabled and I do have a blog page.

Using 7.1 go to pages, click on the blog page, click the thumbnail for the post you want to edit from the list. Click edit up in the top left of the panel that opens, then click the actual title of the blog. A vertical line appears and at that point you can edit the title or delete it using the backspace key. 

If you are wanting to change the blog page name, go to pages then click the gear icon next to the blog page, the settings come up and you can change the name of the page, and the navigation name there. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
4 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Using 7.1 go to pages, click on the blog page, click the thumbnail for the post you want to edit from the list. Click edit up in the top left of the panel that opens, then click the actual title of the blog. A vertical line appears and at that point you can edit the title or delete it using the backspace key. 

If you are wanting to change the blog page name, go to pages then click the gear icon next to the blog page, the settings come up and you can change the name of the page, and the navigation name there. 

Thanks for your help @derricksrandomviews!

Unfortunately I'm on Version 7.0– Brine family (Ethan template).

The link that says "Reviews" is the blog. Clicking on it doesn't load the page on the right pane, nothing happens. I can click on the gear icon which lets me edit the page name, link, and delete it.

1871502408_ScreenShot2022-02-02at2_52_12PM.png.121ea822970402b785b8b87acee51944.png

But I can click on "Blogging" in Settings which gives me this:

2045879903_ScreenShot2022-02-02at2_54_22PM.thumb.png.4368716bf3a2aaf1cc1f7ef16e595b3c.png

Edited by vurt

Reviews is not the blog page, it is a link to the page. The actual blog page has a small a on the left side of the page in pages under configuration. Click the panel will open on the left with all your blog posts listed there. Then click the thumbnail of the one you want to change the title to. The edit and settings panel opens up and the title is on the frist line of that panel. You will notice a small arrow up on the right hand corner of that panel. When you click it it opens the content of the post for full screen editing, the settings tabs go away until you click that arrow again. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
1 hour ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Reviews is not the blog page, it is a link to the page. The actual blog page has a small a on the left side of the page in pages under configuration.

Hi @derricksrandomviews, sorry I know this is dumb and thanks in advance for your patience ...

I'm looking at the list of pages I have under Pages and what I captured is it—I don't see anything with the small a.

The link is going to a blog post not the blog listing page itself The actual blog page is here.

https://www.lammay.co/happy-brides/  notice that you have a title of your comments page, and there is no comments section at the bottom. 

The post where folks leave comments is a post in the blog. Why you can't see your blog page with the a in config, I can't explain it. If you don't see it you will not be able to create a new post.  When on the blog post page hit your  escape key and then log in if needed. It should take you to the settings for that page. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:07 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

@derricksrandomviews

Is there a way to do this when custom CSS has been used to hide Blog Titles? (without UNhiding them?)

On 2/21/2022 at 6:57 AM, hilaryb said:

@tuanphan

How do I edit a Blog Title if custom CSS has been used to hide Blog Titles (without UNhiding them)?

You can adjust the code to make it disable on Editor Mode only.

Which code did you use? We can adjust the code for you

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, doodle123 said:

@tuanpan

I have used CSS as well to hide Blog Titles - 

.entry-title {
  display: none !important;
}

Would you be able to suggest how to enhance this particular code to disable on Editor Mode only?

Thanks a ton!

Change to this

body:not(.sqs-edit-mode) .entry-title {
  display: none !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...

I finally come acr0ss how to title my blogs.  

So this is the area where you add and edit your content of your blogs.  In order to edit the title, you need to go to the blog that is selected (like it shown on my image) 

click on the edit button (upper left hand side).  It has the huge space where you can input your title there.  Hope this help everyone.  Good Luck! 🙂

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 3.37.48 PM.png

• 4 months later...

I was just having the same problem and found this thread.

The real problem here is that when you click on the blog title when you're in "edit mode", there's nothing to indicate that you can begin typing except for the cursor, which may or may not show up depending how fast/slow your chosen development hardware is operating, and what color scheme you may be using.

Meaning when you click on the title to edit it, there's no intuitive indicator to the user that they can begin typing.  This doesn't happen when you're editing the body of the blog post.  When you click into the body of the blog post, you get a text formatting bar that pops up letting you choose various formatting options dynamically.

If you want to solve the issue of users finding this more intuitive, perhaps have the formatting bar pop up when you click on the blog title, then gray out the options that can't be changed.  Or even better, empower the user to change it to whatever they want.  Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2023 at 11:47 AM, WeightReleaseBrandon said:

I was just having the same problem and found this thread.

The real problem here is that when you click on the blog title when you're in "edit mode", there's nothing to indicate that you can begin typing except for the cursor, which may or may not show up depending how fast/slow your chosen development hardware is operating, and what color scheme you may be using.

Meaning when you click on the title to edit it, there's no intuitive indicator to the user that they can begin typing.  This doesn't happen when you're editing the body of the blog post.  When you click into the body of the blog post, you get a text formatting bar that pops up letting you choose various formatting options dynamically.

If you want to solve the issue of users finding this more intuitive, perhaps have the formatting bar pop up when you click on the blog title, then gray out the options that can't be changed.  Or even better, empower the user to change it to whatever they want.  Hope this helps.

I'm having this exact same problem right now. I can't edit any of my blog post titles. I was able to do it yesterday, what gives?