Position Sticky not working when I move Page inside an Index

• Replies 3
  • Views 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure what is causing this to happen any help will be much appreciated.

When you move a page into an index the structure of the page is changed therefore, most likely, invalidating the sticky CSS.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

14 hours ago, creedon said:

When you move a page into an index the structure of the page is changed therefore, most likely, invalidating the sticky CSS.

That makes sense, what I don't understand is why would the css design changes still apply while the sticky does not. 

The solution that I am getting to is to stop using the Index and create my design on the page. This still does not solve the problem of why the sticky does not work when in the index page

I was able to figure out what was causing the issue. When I put the page in an index there is a parent level element which has overflow hidden applied. I recommend to inspect the page and change all of the overflows you see starting from the image and moving your way up. Some of the overflows will have an effect and some will not. When you have found the element which is causing the issue, add a simple css code to change the overflow to visible.

Archived