How to code inventory on variants

Site URL: https://fish-cylinder-cxw3.squarespace.com/

Hi all. I'm working on a store with limited items. 30 available per product, with 4 variants, all at different prices. (I was hoping they would all be priced the same to then just do it with a form to pop up and choose.)

The problem being: There are to be 30 in stock and that 30 is to be made up of whatever variants are picked at the time. So it won't be that there will be stock of 10 one style, 12 another, 8 another, 10 another. 

I know this isn't possible with ss settings. Any idea how to do this with code or a add on?

• Replies 1
  • Views 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2021 at 5:45 AM, LALA said:

Site URL: https://fish-cylinder-cxw3.squarespace.com/

Hi all. I'm working on a store with limited items. 30 available per product, with 4 variants, all at different prices. (I was hoping they would all be priced the same to then just do it with a form to pop up and choose.)

The problem being: There are to be 30 in stock and that 30 is to be made up of whatever variants are picked at the time. So it won't be that there will be stock of 10 one style, 12 another, 8 another, 10 another. 

I know this isn't possible with ss settings. Any idea how to do this with code or a add on?

I think we need to tackle Inventory API in this case, to update the variant stock whenever an order is made

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived