Creating a user-operated blogging site

I'm trying to find the best setup for a website I'm building, and I keep running into problems.

I've been tasked with creating a portfolio website for an arts collective. Every month they set a creative task and then the members of the group respond in whatever way they want.

Ideally I need to make a website that the users can upload their responses to quite simply and then the website will categorise them into the correct spaces.

At the moment I have a home page with a portfolio displaying the different 'months' as projects within that portfolio. And ideally I'd like my clients to be able to submit blog entries to go into those projects, and if a project doesn't exist they can create a new one.

Has anyone got any tips on how to get a setup like this to work, even if it's with some compromises?

• Replies 1
  • Views 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Squarespace has contributors option. You can set up folks with permissions level to access the site with their own username and password. You invite them to be a contributor and you set the level of what that can and cannot do. The second option is Basic Authors. You post the content they send you, but there is a built in list of authors you create and just attach that authors profile to the post when you make it. 

Here is the help for both ways: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206537297-Squarespace-permissions-explained

Archived