Multi-row header

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You site is private.

Please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:16 PM, creedon said:

What kind of content do you want to put there?

Sorry for the delay in returning your response, things happen.

I am basically looking to have a stripe across the top with a centered, editable message (could be in relation to Covid response, a coupon, or something else) so it would need to have capabilities to support a link and also I would like to have the social media grouping in the stripe as well.

Thanks.

Please see Move Page Last Footer Section to First.

This is for a v7.1 site and is specific to the OP's needs.

To use this code add a section at the end of the site footer. Any thing in the last section of the footer will be moved to the first section of the page. You won't see this effect until you are out of Preview so as not to interfere with editing your pages. Incognito mode is the easiest way to see what your users will see.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

creedon--

Thank you for your help and the clear implementation instructions. There is definitely no way I would have come up with this solution (adding a section to the footer and then moving to the top of the page is definitely lateral thinking). However, I am having a little bit of a hard time with this for a couple of reasons. First, the stripe is below the main header and not above. Second, While I can insert both text, social icons, and other content blocks, I am having a hard time modifying the section with CSS. I have the section ID (data-section-id="603fc7427e1dff4cbb481d29"), but I can't seem to affect the background or padding in any way. This is probably my inability to completely understand the details of the coding and CSS, in general.

Again, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

Asset 1.png

First, the stripe is below the main header and not above.

Is the health and safety message only on the home page? Have you considered putting that message in the announcement bar? If that is not an option I think the code could be updated to move the page section to the second position on the homepage.

Many of the padding issues of the page section should addressable through the SS interface. 

1830025742_ScreenShot2021-03-03at8_05_16PM.png.34b361f6925bb0e78da271f7d7ec4ace.png

And of course spacer blocks.

If that still isn't enough let us know and we can go after the spacing with some CSS.

I have the section ID (data-section-id="603fc7427e1dff4cbb481d29"), but I can't seem to affect the background

Try the following for the background color.

:not( .has-background ) [data-section-id="603fc7427e1dff4cbb481d29"] .section-background {

background-color: red;

}

Let us know how it goes.

Archived