• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Cannot get document.body height

apinrise

Question

Site URL: https://walrus-bellflower-k256.squarespace.com/

I've tried a number of ways. It seems the page loads fully on the initial render, as the scrollbar indicates, but I can only seem to get the height of the element that my JS code is inside of, and not the whole document itself. I'm building a scroll-progress-bar for a client and need to know how much of the document they've scrolled through.

I thought I might be able to get the footer element and measure the distance from there, but that's also undefined.

This was my latest attempt, using all the possible document.height attributes I could find haha, but still nothing:

const body = document.body
const html = document.documentElement
const h = Math.max(
  body.scrollHeight, body.offsetHeight, 
  html.clientHeight, html.scrollHeight, html.offsetHeight
)

still only returns 589, but the document scrolls to 4715

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Please post the URL for the page on your site where you are using this code.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue. Without being able to use the code in context it is difficult to help.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!